• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 games on itch.io problems

cmdrMarc

Facing a couple of issues (game published fine):

1. I get the loading bar fine, but then it goes to just a black screen, which is my background colour, but it's loaded none of the assets.
  2. The game reads in a CSV at the start, and I wonder if that might be contributing to the 1st issue, and I don't see the file included in the ZIP GMS2 generates. Do I need to do something special to get it to include the CSV which is currently in my local files?
Thanks all :)

EDIT: OK when I change the target to be HTML for running locally (game opens in the browser) I get the same issue so I don't think this is specifically an itch.io problem

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
When running in Debug mode, you can open the browser's JavaScript console (click on address bar, press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I) to see what the error is.

The CSV would generally have to be in Included Files for it to be possible to load.

cmdrMarc

When running in Debug mode, you can open the browser's JavaScript console (click on address bar, press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I) to see what the error is.
Ah great, thank you - the main error I see is "127.0.0.1 : 0 bytes : ERROR: /html5game/inflate.min.js.map"

The CSV would generally have to be in Included Files for it to be possible to load.
I followed the guidance on this page https://docs2.yoyogames.com/source/...~:text=To add a file to,than one, to the list. but I can't right click on the included files panel they reference. Currently my CSVs are in the %localappdata%\<Game Name> directory and work when I run it in Test mode. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help so far :)

cmdrMarc

OK fixed it - I just needed to copy the files in my local directory to the data files folder in the Included Files section - now everything works. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @YellowAfterlife :)