HTML5 Game won't load with HTTPS

N

Nathan Archer

Hey I just got an SSL certificate and now none of my HTML5 games are showing up when it's HTTPS. Anyone know how to fix this?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
HTTPS pages are only allowed to request other HTTPS content in client-side scripting. Either you move the content to the domain with the SSL certificate, or set up the SSL certificate on the other domain as well.

N

Nathan Archer

HTTPS pages are only allowed to request other HTTPS content in client-side scripting. Either you move the content to the domain with the SSL certificate, or set up the SSL certificate on the other domain as well.
Ugh. Expensive. Is there any way to fix the CERT_ERROR thing that came out of nowhere which caused my to buy the SSL? Really I didn't make any changes to my website besides optimizing for Google Searches. I'm confused why it's having issues all of the sudden.

I'd rather avoid buying another SSL certificate and just have both sites uncertified.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The CERT_ERROR came precisely because you bought the SSL certificate and applied it improperly (i.e. to one domain but not to another). A consistent HTTP-only or HTTPS-only setup wouldn't throw that error.

If your certificate is a wildcard certificate, just move the embedded content to a subdomain. If your certificate is UCC certificate, then it should be more or less the same procedure as the first domain, given that you included the second domain when you applied for the certificate.

There are plenty of options here, as frostycat describes. One other thought, if you have access to cpanel for the site can't you use their auto ssl facility? It's free.