• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 Game Running Too Fast On 120 Hz / 144 Hz Monitors

I recently came across a bug where any HTML5 browser game runs too fast when played with a monitor that has a higher frequency than 60 Hz.
With a 120 Hz monitor, the speed is doubled. On a higher frequence monitor, the room_speed variable is still at fixed 30 where I've set it, but the
the game runs as if room_speed was 60 or even higher.

I searched for this topic earlier and it seems that there are other people who have encountered it, but I couldn't find an actual solution. I'm also using GMS 1.4, so I'm unsure about whether the newer versions of GMS 2 provide a fix for this problem. I have the HTML5 module for 1.4 but not for GMS 2, so I can't check this by myself.

Can anyone confirm whether this bug has been fixed on the newest version of GMS 2?

Note that I'm specifically asking about this for an HTML5 build, not a full screen Windows build, where this also seems to occur at times.

Ok, thanks a lot! I don't know why I was under the impression that I was running the latest version of GM 1.4, but I upgraded to that version immediately.

MD_Wade

Ok, thanks a lot! I don't know why I was under the impression that I was running the latest version of GM 1.4, but I upgraded to that version immediately.
No idea why they seem to tuck it away under the "betas" (at least on the Steam release?) It's the most functional version of 1.4 that exists, lol.