• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 Game Pixelated Resolution

S

Stanis

I'm making a game now for a client and on HTML5, the graphics is pixelated. Here's the link to the game.

http://bankard.sdisend.com/game/

Not sure if I'm scaling the room correctly or if there is a technique I need to do. The base image is 720x1280 which is the same as the room size.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Does the game even fit onto your monitor? The standard 1080p (by now not so standard anymore) screen won't fit anything that's 1280 pixels tall and will therefore downscale it.

For example, when I maximize my browser window and put the game on my 4K monitor, it looks fine. Doing the same on a 1080p one squishes it.

S

Stanis

Does the game even fit onto your monitor? The standard 1080p (by now not so standard anymore) screen won't fit anything that's 1280 pixels tall and will therefore downscale it.

For example, when I maximize my browser window and put the game on my 4K monitor, it looks fine. Doing the same on a 1080p one squishes it.
Sorry, this game is meant for mobile phones. Is there a solution for this on mobile phones? Or should a use a different resolution instead of 720x1280? Something lower?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Does the phone have a screen resolution that matches the game's resolution? Otherwise, is the screen's resolution evenly divisible by the game's resolution?

If the answer to both is no, there will be distortions. You would have to dynamically adapt the game's resolution in order to avoid distortion under all circumstances.