html5 game local storage

A

_akceleracja

Hi, so I have a html5 based game and I need to save information in local storage when someone win the game. The thing is that I have no idea how to do this. I'm using game maker 1.4, please help.
Thanks in advance

chamaeleon

Hi, so I have a html5 based game and I need to save information in local storage when someone win the game. The thing is that I have no idea how to do this. I'm using game maker 1.4, please help.
Thanks in advance
Essentially the same way as any other platform. Just read the manual for using ini files or the file functions, while taking care to read the caveats that apply for html5.

A

_akceleracja

Essentially the same way as any other platform. Just read the manual for using ini files or the file functions, while taking care to read the caveats that apply for html5.
Could you elaborate on that? I read the manual, but I still don't know how to do it. I just want that, for example: when player enters the last room the information about it is strored in local storage.

chamaeleon

Could you elaborate on that? I read the manual, but I still don't know how to do it. I just want that, for example: when player enters the last room the information about it is strored in local storage.
The ini_write_real() documentation and file_text_write_real() documentation contains examples that should be enough to go on for ini files and text files. I encourage you to read the documentation for all the related functions and think about what it is that you very precisely are trying to store. "The information about it" is a terribly vague description of what you're trying to save, and I'm not going to guess.