• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 Game crashing on Safari on IOS 14+ on iPhone (Need help ASAP)

Kaliam

Hello! My team and I are nearing completion of a project we are working on for HTML5/OpenGL, however, when running the game on Safari/Chrome on iPhone the page will automatically refresh after a 5 - 10 seconds. This happens after getting into our main game world. The main game world has around 1000 instances and the room size is around 8000x5000 in size. Most of the instances are just props for trees, bushes, park benches, etc...

Currently, when we track memory usage on Chrome/Edge on PC, we never see ram usage go above 120mb. Most of the time the game sits between 55mb-75mb of memory usage which should be well within the specs of an iPhone. Just to be clear, this happens on all iPhones we've tested: iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 10, and others.

If there is someone or perhaps a dev that could help us track down this issue and what's causing it we would be very grateful. This project is nearly completed and works on all other platforms including iPad. Our release window is within a week so any help from anyone ASAP would be amazing!

Thanks!

Kaliam

While I'm here, we are also getting an issue where mouse_x and mouse_y don't worry correctly when scrolling down on a page. They don't get offset by the scroll amount and thus all mouse interaction is offset by the amount of area scrolled which makes the game pretty unplayable.