• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5/Firefox: Song doesn't play, "An unknown error occurred while processing decodeAudioData."

Dude902

I posted about this on reddit over a week ago, thought I'd try here.

"An unknown error occurred while processing decodeAudioData."

The web browser's console sometimes reports this error when loading the audio for my HTML5 game from itch.io. If it happens, the song will not play but the game otherwise works. It's inconsistent and doesn't always happen. Sometimes the error is reported multiple times for multiple songs, sometimes only for one, and sometimes not at all. The songs, including the ones that do not have any issues, are all set to "Compressed (Uncompress on load)", Stereo, 16-bit, 44100 sample rate, 192kbps, default audio group.

I have only gotten this issue in Firefox. It seems to only happen to my larger songs (with sizes 2.51mb-3.16mb in the exported html5 files). It doesn't happen to my 528kb-sized song or miscellaneous small audio files. Should I encourage players to use Chrome, which doesn't seem to have this problem? Is Chrome recommended for the HTML5 export?