• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 export moves my collision masks

I'm lost

So, when I tried to export my game in HTML ( that I made for Windows - .exe ), all of my menu bboxes in menu were moved few (about 30) pixels down and when I moved to another room with buttons, there were no bboxes at all, so I couldnt press anything and the game was unplayable.

First I had a problem that my whole game was just f* up, because I had a space in a name of the game. I removed that space and game looks just fine, but I still got the bbox problem there :(.

I created a testing project with precise collision masks and that worked perfect, so there must be a problem with the game, not with a computer or engine.

I dont know what to do, I dont have any other experiences with HTML5 export.
Is this a common problem or is it something new ?

Last edited:
B

Brewhog

I'm having the same issue. I believe my issue is related to the game breaking the moment I start adding CSS to the HTML page that the game is viewed on (Particularly 'margin', 'border', and 'padding').

Any updates for you on this? Were you able to work around it?

I'm lost

I'm having the same issue. I believe my issue is related to the game breaking the moment I start adding CSS to the HTML page that the game is viewed on (Particularly 'margin', 'border', and 'padding').

Any updates for you on this? Were you able to work around it?
Idk, just when you want to make a game for HTML, just start debugging it in HTML right from the beginning, because then it will be too late (most likely). Btw I still have no idea why it happens.