• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 html5 executable doesn't work on hosting site

M

MinWeber

Hello! I've recently encoutered a problem with html5 executable.

When I try to run an html5-directed project from the studio itself it opens up in browser and works just fine, but then I package it, upload to the hosting site (itch io), and it just doesn's start up - doesn't even give any indication that it is attempting to start up. This, however, happens only with this particular recently created project - all other ones do run both inside the studio and on the same host.

This feels like a trivial mistake in something like packaging settings on my part, but I can't figure out where it is. If anybody encountered such problem or knows how to fix it, I would be very thankful for advice.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Glad to hear this was resolved. It's definitely advised to test often across all of the platforms that you're targeting - there are a number of HTML5 inconsistencies between local/live & desktop/mobile.

Last edited: