• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM HTML5 Black Screen

chmod777

It's crashing because of the following error you can see in your browser's console:
ReferenceError: _fr is not defined
Running the game in debug mode from GameMaker and checking the browser's console again could help to find what "_fr" actually is (as it may not be obfuscated in debug mode).

It's crashing because of the following error you can see in your browser's console:

Running the game in debug mode from GameMaker and checking the browser's console again could help to find what "_fr" actually is (as it may not be obfuscated in debug mode).
it gives me the "cannot find webpage" screen when i try running it in debug.

Chaser

Are you using an iframe in wix html? That’s links to a different server? Or is wix hosting the game files? I still think it’s a variable that’s not been defined. I used to always get a black screen when using html5 module, it’s was either a variable or an alarm causing the issue, for me anyway.

Are you using an iframe in wix html? That’s links to a different server? Or is wix hosting the game files? I still think it’s a variable that’s not been defined. I used to always get a black screen when using html5 module, it’s was either a variable or an alarm causing the issue, for me anyway.
its using this, a copy of the html5 version of my game, https://konotsu.netlify.com/

that one blacks out too

Chaser

It could be a number of things, did you find out what the _fr thing was as mentioned above by somebody else? Are your rooms starting at the right location, if there is a variable in one of those rooms or object that isn’t being initialised first could be stopping the game running/starting. Are the graphics included in the html game file? If it works on windows it should work on html. You mentioned you removing things from your game that don’t work on html, is it possible you’ve missed something, or removed something vital? If your game loads/runs from the GM IDE when testing, then it could be something to do with the servers, either the file host or wix, what permissions are there? Try a different host see if that’s any better? Sorry I can’t be more help, it’s just gona be a case of trial and error.