Suggestion HTML EXPORT TOO EXPENSIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JVGameDev

Hi! I am Josh! I have been developing with game maker for years now! I have watched the engine grow. Html games have became a big hit for a while now. Being able to play games without download is extordinary! I just dont understand why YoYo wants $300 dollars just to make a HTML build! With free alternatives like Unity it seems unrealistic to ask that much money. We already pay $150 to take away a watermark, we should also get HTML export, too.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
$300 dollars is nothing when you can make upwards of $30,000 a month... You just need to put a bit of time and effort into making it work for you. And there is no watermark with the free version of GMS, although there is a splash screen (which Unity also has for free games, so no difference there).

I don't think it's too much to ask that the user pays something for the use of a product that could potentially earn them a lot of money and is actively being developed. The people making it have to eat too, y'know, and I guess that they'd like to be paid for putting effort into making GMS. Do you value your own time and energy so little that you'd work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week on a project for free? Also, as has been mentioned, you can get the HTML5 module through the Humble Bundle offer that is on for cheap, and even if you couldn't YYG are always doing some kind of offer on their products anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.