• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE HQ Fonts

R

risa401

Seems like they removed that option and it's not high quality from default. Now all my fancy fonts look bad.
1. Is this coming back or was it removed forever 2. Why did you choose to remove it if you did 3. Any workarounds to make all my text look good?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I'm hearing more and more negative things about this "new product" of theirs. I really hope this one is temporary or some kind of mistake.

Roderick

I'm hearing more and more negative things about this "new product" of theirs. I really hope this one is temporary or some kind of mistake.
You know that this is a beta, and that they've said multiple times that not everything is finished or included yet, right?

You'd think that customers of an IDE would have a better understanding of the development cycle.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

It appears they took out a feature, a feature they already had in the beta, as the OP says, unless I read it wrong.

Also, you don't know in context the negatives I am referencing, for most of which, the fact it is in beta, is completely irrelevent.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

risa401

It appears they took out a feature, a feature they already had in the beta, as the OP says, unless I read it wrong.

Also, you don't know in context the negatives I am referencing, for most of which, the fact it is in beta, is completely irrelevent.
Noone said that the feature was there at any time? If you mean that I said "is it coming back" I refer to GM:S if you didn't get that.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I once wrote a tool that would convert BMFont format (output by AngelCode' tool, Littera, or others) to GMS format. If fonts import as-is from 1.x projects, you could use it for your purposes too. Otherwise would need to update it to be able to generate 2.x format too.

Based on fact that fonts currently just generate on a grid (without packing), I assume that font-related features are very much in beta and were previously managed by IDE (in Delphi code) instead of compiler.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Noone said that the feature was there at any time?
In the OP I read "Seems like they removed that option" and yes I'm aware this is about GMS what else could it possibly be about?

I see the misunderstanding, you meant in the leap from 1.x to 2.x they removed it. I thought you meant they already had a 2.x release with it and after an update it was gone.