Shaders How would I go about making a Image Distortion shader?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by BigDawg, Jul 23, 2019.

1. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

How would I go about creating a shader that shows a raindrop texture and distorts the view around them? I don't know enough about shaders to be able to create this type of shader effect.

What I am trying to make is in this video of Metro Exodus where there is a raindrop texture in the top left and right hand corner of the screen which react with the main view and distort it.
    (Skip to 1:33)

2. flyingsaucerinvasion

flyingsaucerinvasion Member

The video link is not working.

3. beartone

beartone Member

always been thinking about these things its really very hard for me to learn these because very short of time but I think another youtube video would help

4. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

Sorry, the link worked when I previewed it, but it broke when it sent I guess. Here is the link.

5. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I'm currently working on a tutorial for a rain effect. It's certeinly not as great as the one in Metro Exodus, but I still like it anyways. I don't know when its ready though since I'm extremely busy at the moment. But here's a short preview on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/GamingReverends/status/1161758799901974530

Ido-f likes this.