• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to video capture a game maker game

T

ThePropagation

I'm using Studio 2, and no matter what I do, when I try to capture the video using OBS, I get a black screen or a white screen, I've tried all of the settings, I've tried the game maker runner in full screen and windowed, and nothing works. Has anyone been able to save a video of a game maker game in OBS? I need every setting if you have, I have no idea what to do. Thanks!

YanBG

I'm with 1.4, in OBS add a scene then in properties of "frame capture" set the GM screen as target:

T

ThePropagation

That didn't work for me, I'm using OBS version 22.0.1 and it doesn't work on GMS2 for me. What about the OBS general settings? I'm only getting a black screen right now. It shows chrome and the GMS2 editor just fine.

Smiechu

Check the OBS documentation or FAQ, it can be that some graphic card incompatibility occurs. Can you record other games?

T

ThePropagation

So when I create an executable with game maker and run that it does show in OBS but when I compile in the editor and the runner opens, i either get a white screen, or no screen at all (black). I don't want to have to make an executable and install the game onto the computer every time i make one change and want to test it