• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android How to use Google AdMob with GMS 2

Toxic Tom

Hi, I've been looking into getting AdMob to work with my android app I made in Game Maker Studio 2. It is currently published on the Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toxictom.particleplaylite&hl=en_GB) and I have done all the AdMob setup for it on the website. Now I have been searching for info on what needs to be done in Game Maker for the ad to appear, and looking at this guide (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216754558-Ads-Google-Mobile-Advertising-v1-3-) it seems that there is an AdMob demo somewhere in Game Maker Studio, but the welcome screen in GMS 2 is very different to the one described by the article. There is a Demos button in GMS 2 but I can't find any to do with advertising! What do I need to do?

Thanks all :)

chirpy

I wish I could help, but I also didn't find an updated tutorial project, and found it easier to use an ad extension that supports mediation. I believe they're similar though; in sample project you just import the extension, init it on create, and load/show your ads from button clicks or keys. They usually feature onscreen feedback texts or even fullscreen popups to show whether the ads are setup fine or not. Just my 2 cents.

Toxic Tom

I wish I could help, but I also didn't find an updated tutorial project, and found it easier to use an ad extension that supports mediation. I believe they're similar though; in sample project you just import the extension, init it on create, and load/show your ads from button clicks or keys. They usually feature onscreen feedback texts or even fullscreen popups to show whether the ads are setup fine or not. Just my 2 cents.
What extension would you recommend?