• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows How to use a trackpad with GMS2?

I'm trying to set up my laptop with GMS2 but having a hard time. The IDE doesn't respond to any multitouch commands such as panning and zooming. It's nightmarish to work with. Please tell me Im missing something? I'm on Windows by the way.

And yes I know that a mouse is ideal. I'm asking about using a trackpad which is becoming more and more common.

Edit: Just noticed you can't even scroll in scripts. Christ almighty.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin

Check the "laptop mode" section in that page. Although note that I'm not sure all the most common trackpad shortcuts are implemented, so if you find something that doesn't work and that you consider important for workflow, then please file a bug about it. YYG take all suggestions to improve workflow very seriously... :)

Check the "laptop mode" section in that page. Although note that I'm not sure all the most common trackpad shortcuts are implemented, so if you find something that doesn't work and that you consider important for workflow, then please file a bug about it. YYG take all suggestions to improve workflow very seriously... :)
Thanks for replying! Yes, I was aware of those shortcuts. It seems to me like they're a workaround for missing trackpad gesture input. There must be some technical reason why panning, scrolling and zooming natively isn't implemented.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I suspect it's simply lack of demand and/or time, tbh... which is why I suggest filing a bug. If YYG see there is a need for this kind of thing then they'll prioritise it.