• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX How to tell GMS 2.2.5 which version of XCode to use?

bsabiston

So - this morning I used GMS 2.2.5 to push an update of my game to the MacOS store. I used XCode 11.something.

Then when I tried to run on my phone, Xcode wouldn't connect to my phone. I figured it was because my phone has a newer OS than what XCode11 supports.

So I updated to XCode 12. Then I was able to use the GMS-produced XCode project to run my game on my phone. So far so good.

BUT...

NOW, GMS 2.2.5 is unable to compile a new Xcode project. I guess XCode 12 is too new for it. ugh.

So is there a way to tell GMS to use my copy of XCode 11 instead of 12? ( I kept 11 because I had a feeling this would happen.)

There used to be a way to tell GMS which version of Xcode to use, but I have forgotten it. A command line thing I think?

Anyone know?

bsabiston

Turns out that GMS will just use which ever version of XCode is running. So if I run Xcode 11 and build from Gamemaker, it will make the Xcode project. Then I close Xcode 11, run XCode 12 and open the project, I can launch on my phone.