• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to size tilesets in PhotoShop for GMS 2

P

Poptart

Hi, I'm fairly new to Gamemaker Studio 2, and I have been trying to make my own graphics instead of using other people's art.
I was trying to make my own tilesets (paths and walls) but I could not get sprite with my tileset to fit in the tileset object. Everything would be slightly off.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make the sprites fit in the object, help would be greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 13992

You need to use guides in photoshop, or some kind of overlay that shows you where the tile size boundries are. Be it 64x64, or 16x16.

Care to post some stuff you can't make work?

rIKmAN

Hi, I'm fairly new to Gamemaker Studio 2, and I have been trying to make my own graphics instead of using other people's art.
I was trying to make my own tilesets (paths and walls) but I could not get sprite with my tileset to fit in the tileset object. Everything would be slightly off.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make the sprites fit in the object, help would be greatly appreciated!
1) In Photoshop open Edit > Preferences > Grids, Guide & Slices and set the grid settings to whatever size you want for your tiles.
2) If it isn't visible, make sure that the grid and pixel grid are set to show using the top menu: View > Show > Grid.
3) Draw your tiles within the grid lines, making sure to leave the first tile blank / empty.
4) When finished, save as a .png file.
5) Import into GMS2 as a sprite and make a tileset out of it, setting the tile size and other options as required.
6) Create a tile layer, and set the tileset you just created for that layer.
7) Draw your tiles.