How to show your whole keyboard with unicode or ascii?

R

RealsLife

I used the chr() to convert the ascii code to string.. but it looks like you can almost only see the letters and numbers the way it is meant to be the part on the keyboard around numlock doesn't show numbers but letters and all special characters are nope... (I understand that space and shift can't be shown clearly) but the special characters are also acting weird. Does anyone has experience with showing all characters on the keyboard clearly? It is for my input system I just made so people actually see their new key being shown on the screen ^_^!

Like one of the weird things is I push 1 on the numbers at the numlock. I get a. On the left part of the keyboard I don't use capslock I always get the CAPS A,B,C ect...

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RealsLife

yea I know there are odd keys and I could make expections when pushing those buttons but it is weird in my opinion that the numbers at the numlock don't show numbers and it looks like it doesn't matter if I activate capslock or not because on the left side of the keyboard you could have 1 but also represents & and |.

R

RealsLife

I knew I seen something like that. Take a look at this, it might interest you:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...key-definitions-for-customized-controls.4276/
my hero <3

EDIT: I find it really weird that game maker studio doesn't do this automaticly and why it shows other characters for other ascii values... I mean, if I push 1 It should be ascii value for 1right? so my converted ascii into text should be 1 and not the alphabet letter a... I don't think I know how ascii works yet or why some stuff happends like this O.O! And I mean the 1 at the numlock not the 1 on the left sider I know there are special characters but I don't know how this whole ascii code works.

255characters are being stored
You've 2x times all numbers on your keyboard loads of special characters and they don't convert well in game maker studio it's like if you don't use the different special keys you just can't use the key based on ascii... any ascii code expert around pleaseeee!

Last edited by a moderator: