• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - Uploading How to set 0.99 $ instead of 1.99$ ?

K

KoenDeBacker

Is there a special option for this ?
Or was this only avaible in older versions or few years ago ?
Would be a bummer, i have some assets i want to sell for 0,99 instead of 1.99.

I only have 0.00 $ and 1,99$ dollar option to price my work.
Even 1.99 and a discount does not work at all.

Cheers

S

Sam (Deleted User)

You don't.

Edit:

If you could, there wouldnt be any profit to speak of, you might as well make it free.

@Alex@

There was an option to set at $0.99 when the Marketplace first launched.
Assets that were set at that price remain available at that price but new assets cannot be set at this price. Furthermore existing assets cannot be reduced to this price even if they were created when it was an option.

It's a bit of a shame, there's not much profit in it but it'd be nice to set some of the GM 1.4 assets to $0.99 as GameMaker matures and they get further outdated.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
It's a bit of a shame, there's not much profit in it but it'd be nice to set some of the GM 1.4 assets to $0.99 as GameMaker matures and they get further outdated.
It would be better if the assets got updated with newer versions of GM instead. That small of a price point ends of almost costing money to sell. Depending on the merchant, some of them charge a set amount plus a percentage, so at that point they might as well be made free instead.

I don't think it would be bad if Yoyo decided to flag products that are only working with 1.4. They could then e-mail the creators and ask them to either update, or at the least make the things free. But that goes beyond what the ToS is about so they would also have to get people to agree to new terms. In the end, it is the potential users that lose as assets get behind the times.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
YoYo Marketplace stopped supporting $0.99 because at that price point, the transaction fee from credit card processors started taking up a disproportionate fraction of the sale's revenue. On top of that, it was also contributing to a toxic downward spiral in pricing for assets. Either you make it free, or improve your asset so that it is worth $1.99 or more.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
On top of that, it was also contributing to a toxic downward spiral in pricing for assets.
This is also a valid point I didn't mention. In my opinion there are already lots of people unwilling to pay for quality assets, some of which is simply due to the target audience of Gamemaker. So anything that drives the price lower is not a good thing for anybody, as the people who make good assets won't be as willing to do so if there is profit from it.

Mert

Sell your assets somewhere else, better with crypto.

Do people still use cash in 2021? šŸ˜…