• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How to see a path inside the room editor?

W

William Brosch

Hi guys,

I've made my path for my 2D hilly terrain, and have a car driving along it.

I now need to place some trees and rocks along it.

Only problem is, seems like there's no way to make a path visible inside the room editor.

So i can't see where to put my rocks and trees ect.

Is there no way to see a path inside the room editor?

If not, this should absolutely be a feature!

Thanks for reading,

Please let me know if anything can be done

A

Aura

You can't view a path inside the room editor, but you can surely view a room inside the path editor.

The Manual entry on the path editor said:
Path Editor Actions: Here you can select the snap resolution for the path points, as well as toggle the grid visibility on or off. The last button permits you to select a room to be drawn as a background which can be very useful for giving you a "feel" for how the path will work in any given game room.
http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/001_advanced use/004_paths.html

W

William Brosch

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately this is not helpful as i need to place my objects in the room after the path had been created.

It's basically a guessing game that goes for hours, trying to place the rocks and trees just right on the ground. I have to go back and forth from room editor to path editor to check the positioning.

Sucks!

Would it be possible to save an image of the path that I can use as a reference in the room editor or something? Would be hard to scale it right

I think there should definitely be an option to 'show paths' in the room editor.