• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How to restore deleted script

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist
GMC Elder
Hello! I accidentally deleted an important script. How can I restore it? Does GMS2 store backups anywhere automatically? I'd really like to not have to write it from scratch, as it controlled most of my editor.

EDIT: I found a slightly older version of the script in my Dropbox, but I'd still like to know this!

gnysek

You can always use GIT or Mercurial to keep tracking changes and commit changes, so you have a great history of changes made in game. I've got history like this for last 6 years!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
There are no auto-backups any more. These caused lots of slow downs on compliation/saving as it had to save the whole thing over and over. Really, you want to use source control for "backups"....