• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to remove a thread?

T

TriiiKill

If there was a thread that I regret making, how would I go about removing it and/or who would I contact?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
If there was a thread that I regret making, how would I go about removing it and/or who would I contact?
Forum staff will usually remove topics you "own", such as game topics in Projects or the Marketplace forum. Just report them and ask, as NPT said.

But in forums like Programming and Game Design, topics may not be removed once other members contribute any significant (useful) discussion. At that point, the topic becomes "publicly owned". (And incidentally, this is why you should never remove your post's contents or change the title after discussion starts.)

Of course, if you post something by error, just edit the contents and remove them immediately before anyone posts in the topic. Then report it and ask for removal.

Last edited:

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
If there was a thread that I regret making
THEN YOU SHALL FOREVER LIVE WITH THE SHAME!
Nah, on a serious note, what @NPT and @chance said applies to most cases. The reason why you can't delete topics is because it basically means everyone who replied to them wasted their time, and it's very frowned upon... same with removing post contents by editing them. This doubly goes for off-topic and other non-programming topics. We're not a secret society that tries to mind-control our subjects, and we're not babysitters either, so if you make wanton inflammatory or stupid statements, you need to be prepared for the consequences. Sort of like real life except everyone likes binary jokes :p

I assume you're referring to a programming topic (retitled "ignore"), though... and that's not a big worry. Activity in Q&A is so high your topic will be practically lost forever within days if not hours.