• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows How to recover work from crashes

S

SuperArthurBros

For years, the biggest annoyance with me while working with Game Maker 8 Pro are random crashes after using the sprite editor. It's always after closing the sprite editor, there's the chance the program will stop responding and will not return in any way. That's how I lost countless things all this time long.
I have never heard of anyone with the same exact issue. Plus, in these cases the work is not even saved on the GB backup file to compensate.
But when is the work ever saved on the backup files? Is it at random during work?

And what causes this crash? How can I fix this? And most important: How can I possibly recover work from it?

RangerX

A great solution to fix it could be to upgrade to GameMaker Studio? :p
In all seriousness, it DOES fix a shockful lot of issues and brings in tons of improvements.

S

SuperArthurBros

Except that I had tons of issues trying to upgrade. :T

So, for now, I need the solution for GM8Pro.

RangerX

You would be better off upgrading your game because you can't do nothing about GM8 crashes. And it will never get fixed because that program is not being worked on anymore by Yoyo and since a long time.
It might sound arrogant but your only solution to stop crashing is upgrading....

V

Virtual Mage

A great solution to fix it could be to upgrade to GameMaker Studio? :p
In all seriousness, it DOES fix a shockful lot of issues and brings in tons of improvements.
Don't worry, GM:S sprite editor is casually freezing too :p at least for me.