• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to NOT scale mask?

Lady Glitch

So it appears that scaling a sprite also scales its mask. No matter if I scale it by xscale/yslcale, draw manually with draw_sprite_ext(), change the mask from "same as sprite" to something different, or keep it as it is.

With that, my bounding box collisions get messy. I would like to keep my object sprite's scalings purely visual. How can I do that?

Shut

Set up variables in create event:

GML:
custom_scalex = 2;
custom_scaley = 2;
Draw event:

GML:
draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index,image_index,x,y,custom_scalex,custom_scaley,image_angle,image_blend,image_alpha);
then change custom_scale variables however you want.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
image_angle also modifies the mask. So, in total, don't use image_xscale, image_yscale and image_angle (or in other words, keep their values at 1, 1 and 0, respectively).

Lady Glitch

I've made another project and it actually works, so it appeared that my problem lies elsewhere.
Thank you for your answers.