• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How to move files easily between projects?

CraterHater

Hey,

I would like to transfer entire folders containing at least a hundred sprites between projects. I don't want to reimport them all individually as that would take ages. How do I do this?

Thanks!

S

Slothagami

You cold navigate to your projects folders on your file explorer (the one with project_name.yyt), copy the sprites you want from the first projects Sprite folders and paste them in the Sprite folders for the other project you want them imported to.

There might be a better way, but that's all I know how to do.

chamaeleon

Hey,

I would like to transfer entire folders containing at least a hundred sprites between projects. I don't want to reimport them all individually as that would take ages. How do I do this?

Thanks!
Use the Create/Import Local Package functionality with only sprites included in the package?