F

Farouk

Hi
how can i create Tabs in a room?
like tab for items, tab for themes....etc

any good tutorial out there?
just want to know the basic idea and i will figure the details out

Morendral

That's all part of creating your gui. It has to be coded from scratch, or you can purchase an asset on the marketplace. There are a few free examples floating around here too

bbbower

Do you mean like tabs in your level itself or are you trying to mod the editor itself for editing your rooms?

F

Farouk

Do you mean like tabs in your level itself or are you trying to mod the editor itself for editing your rooms?
hi
i am talking about Tabs in the Game itself
like for example inside the game the person goes to a room where he can change backgrounds and equip weapons

the weapons should be in a tab
and the backgrounds in another tab and so on

F

Farouk

That's all part of creating your gui. It has to be coded from scratch, or you can purchase an asset on the marketplace. There are a few free examples floating around here too
any idea how to do it?
just major outlines

G

Guest User

the weapons should be in a tab
and the backgrounds in another tab and so on
Make a variable to know what tab is selected. Then if the weapons tab is selected, put the weapon things there and when the backgrounds tab is selected, put the background things there.
just major outlines
Did I explain this with too major outlines? (I don't know if I said that correctly:p).

Morendral

I would suggest kindof like the above. Perhaps have a variable that controls what tab is open, then depending on that have a controller object create and destroy objects on screen that are part of the gui.

You could also have just one object that draws literally every gui element depending on what needs to be displayed. There are a bazillion options out there, i would suggest looking at what some others have done as inspiration at the very least.

Gui design is the most important, last thought about part of game design. It's the hardest to get right, easiest to screw up, and can make or break your project.