• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS How to make iOS version now?

bsabiston

I haven't tested my game on iOS in a while. Now when I try it, the compile fails, and it just says 'linker code failed with exit code 1'. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Also - are the Global Game Settings gone now?
Thanks

Last edited:

rIKmAN

The various platform specific settings can be found under “Options” in the Resource Tree.

You’ll need to post more information (preferably the full log inside code and spoiler tags) to get much help with the compile error as that isn’t enough to go off.

Can you compile a fresh empty project to your device.

bsabiston

Well that's the thing with iOS -- the gamemaker compile doesn't produce any errors, it just generates the XCode project.

If I look at the XCode report navigator, there are a ton of warnings, but only one error. It says

:-1: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
/clang:-1: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

GMS2 doesn't require XCode 11, does it? Cause I just have High Sierra and can't upgrade to Catalina because of all my old 32 bit apps.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

GMS2 doesn't require XCode 11, does it? Cause I just have High Sierra and can't upgrade to Catalina because of all my old 32 bit apps.
From the iOS section of the GMS2 Required SDKs Article:
  • Requires Xcode 11 to build all projects, which requires macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or newer
  • Please note that whilst Xcode 11 will still build projects targeting iOS 9 or older, Apple doesn't support anything older than iOS 10, these devices often can't access the AppStore so there's no real commercial need to do work to support them, and in order to submit to the AppStore you need to support all the newer iOS versions... So please don't test using only old devices!
For simply playing GMS2 games: iOS 10.0 or above, tvOS 12.0 or above, iPadOS 13.0 or above. All games are 64bit-only.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The cited article merely says that the article itself is targeted at High Sierra, as well as that you should use the latest versions:
This article is targeted at users with the macOS version High Sierra 10.13.4+. However, if you are using an older version of macOS then you may still be able to test and compile your games whilst Xcode remains supported on your OS, but some steps may be slightly different and you will only be able to test on iOS versions that are compatible with the version of XCode that works with the macOS being used. We recommend that you have the latest macOS and the latest Xcode to build games for iOS.
Please also note that most of these requirements, and their frequent changes, are caused by third parties changing their requirements - so YoYo Games has to follow suit.

bsabiston

Okayyy. Idk I think that page is pretty misleading. I think most people reading it would expect that High Sierra is supported. Hell it even says that *older* OS versions may work. They say it depends on the version of XCode supported by the OS.

So, apparently that has changed, and that’s what I mean when I say their documentation is inconsistent.

At least Mojave still runs 32 bit apps.