1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS How to make iOS version now?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by bsabiston, Nov 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bsabiston

bsabiston Member

I haven't tested my game on iOS in a while. Now when I try it, the compile fails, and it just says 'linker code failed with exit code 1'. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Also - are the Global Game Settings gone now?
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

The various platform specific settings can be found under “Options” in the Resource Tree.

You’ll need to post more information (preferably the full log inside code and spoiler tags) to get much help with the compile error as that isn’t enough to go off.

Can you compile a fresh empty project to your device.

3. bsabiston

bsabiston Member

Well that's the thing with iOS -- the gamemaker compile doesn't produce any errors, it just generates the XCode project.

If I look at the XCode report navigator, there are a ton of warnings, but only one error. It says

:-1: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    /clang:-1: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

GMS2 doesn't require XCode 11, does it? Cause I just have High Sierra and can't upgrade to Catalina because of all my old 32 bit apps.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

From the iOS section of the GMS2 Required SDKs Article:

5. bsabiston

bsabiston Member

6. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

The cited article merely says that the article itself is targeted at High Sierra, as well as that you should use the latest versions:
    Please also note that most of these requirements, and their frequent changes, are caused by third parties changing their requirements - so YoYo Games has to follow suit.

7. bsabiston

bsabiston Member

Okayyy. Idk I think that page is pretty misleading. I think most people reading it would expect that High Sierra is supported. Hell it even says that *older* OS versions may work. They say it depends on the version of XCode supported by the OS.

So, apparently that has changed, and that’s what I mean when I say their documentation is inconsistent.

At least Mojave still runs 32 bit apps.

8. spinout

spinout Member

I've seen that error before. It was a mismatch of versions with extensions.