this is my picture,
left one is in 1920*1080, I draw it in this resolution,
right one is in 1280*720
but in 1280*720 it is not good very much,
how to make it be better??

Attachments

S

Sn3akyP1xel

Scaling pixel art down to any ratio is going to destroy the art unless you use aliasing (but this will increase your colors and not be pixel precise anymore).
The only way to minimise the damage is to scale it by a factor, but even then you will probably have to re-draw details back in again.
Try to make the artwork the correct scale from the start Jether.

M

mizzy

+1 agree with post above
1px width lines don't scale. Either draw the sprite at the correct size (so you don't have to scale it), or make your lines thicker (and scale down using aliasing)

NightFrost

Pixelart should not be downscaled due to inevitable loss of information, as you've observed, only upscaled. Look at any pixelart game and you'll see this. For example the GMS made pixelart game Hyper Light Drifter has a pixel resolution of something like 480x270, blown up to your screen size. If you need to downscale, use art with thicker color features so it resists the loss of information better.

Jether

Scaling pixel art down to any ratio is going to destroy the art unless you use aliasing (but this will increase your colors and not be pixel precise anymore).
The only way to minimise the damage is to scale it by a factor, but even then you will probably have to re-draw details back in again.
Try to make the artwork the correct scale from the start Jether.
yes pics are made to use 1920x1680, but My monitor can not use 1920