How to make a text pop up after quest?

S

Shizuky

Hi,
I have created a quest, but I don't know, how to create a working textbox after completing the quest.
I've tried couple of this beginner would do but didn't work.
I have a working textbox when interacting with npc and each npc has set what to say when interacted.
Here are codes I've used in creating quests:

I want to insert a text after instance_destroy() but i do not know how..

I have sript for creating textboxes, but I cant fit the quest into things such as portrait or so.

If anyone know how could I do this let me know.

pipebkOT

@Shizuky
create a "destroy event" and in it call the quest textbox script
that script would need to be almost exactly like the textbox script that you already have, but without the name, portrait, voices , speakers part, since you don't use it
and use a diferent ob_box oject, that don't use these variables.

S

Shizuky

@Shizuky
create a "destroy event" and in it call the quest textbox script
that script would need to be almost exactly like the textbox script that you already have, but without the name, portrait, voices , speakers part, since you don't use it
and use a diferent ob_box oject, that don't use these variables.
How can I create destroy event?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Adding events to objects is a basic feature of the IDE, and the manual has extensive documentation on both topics. Please familiarize yourself with the tool you're using before you dive in head first without knowing what anything does.

pipebkOT

@Shizuky if you already created a step, create, and draw gui event you should know how to create a destroy event, it's literally in the event list. between the create and clean up events

Gamebot

Perhaps you should look at the error in your 64th draw event line 26. If you could post this perhaps we could help better.

Wait am I reading that right?
64 draw events in one object. Is each for a different quest? Um...I would think two at the most would be efficient.