• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML How to lock the cursor to a radius around the player

WyattPJP

I'm making a game where you point and click with your mouse and your rocket ship(player) shoots towards that direction, the problem is when the ship is launching then the mouse is in a different location in game so it makes the rotation of the ship a little bit weird and hard to get used to.

I want to make a similar cursor setup to the game Getting Over It With Bennet Foddy where the cursor is locked to a circular radius around the player but I don't know how to do that.

I know i could just make a seperate object that is in the same direction as the mouse and make the mouse invisible but then i will still have to drag the mouse a long distance if i want to go left when it's already on the far far right side of the screen. if anyone has a solution to this that would be awesome