• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows How to load sprite image?

ZackW

I found the source of the problem why I couldn't see my sprite in game and it's because the system somehow failed to load the image...

Is there a way to fix this so that I can see my sprites when I add them into a room?
SnipWokekrum.png

Last edited:
X

xorange

I'd be inclined to reduce that PNG file name to something short & friendly, see if that helps, then troubleshoot further from there. A UUID as a file name certainly shouldn't be a problem, but I'd start there anyway. It is resulting in a pretty long path as well, which also shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I'd be inclined to reduce that PNG file name to something short & friendly, see if that helps, then troubleshoot further from there. A UUID as a file name certainly shouldn't be a problem, but I'd start there anyway. It is resulting in a pretty long path as well, which also shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.
The name itself is generated by the Game Maker Studio 2 itself.

Do you know how to edit the system file permissions on GM2?
You should probably modify the system (OS) file permissions, see tutorials on YouTube how to change these permissions, so the Game Maker Studio 2 can read the files without problems. This is probably not a problem related to the engine, if it still persists, try to reimport the sprite.

ZackW

The name itself is generated by the Game Maker Studio 2 itself.

You should probably modify the system (OS) file permissions, see tutorials on YouTube how to change these permissions, so the Game Maker Studio 2 can read the files without problems. This is probably not a problem related to the engine, if it still persists, try to reimport the sprite.
I did what you said which was changing the system file permissions. What I did to change permissions was to go into the GameMaker Studio 2 application and give my user full control of the files in properties. I guess it kind of changed something for the engine to do, it didn't show the cannot load error. But still, it didn't work. Even if I run the application as administrator it still doesn't change anything. So then I decided that I would try to reimport my sprite into the sprite editor. When I tried doing that an error showed up saying "Image format not recognized". Are there any other solutions I could possibly do in order to fix this problem?Wokekrumhead.png

Update: I found out that if I import an image outside of the GameMaker folder it works, but it still doesn't show and the updated imported image appears in the sprite folder. When I tried importing the image of the updated sprite, it still says image format not recognized.

Last edited: