• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to load content downloaded from Steam Workshop

L

Luiz Gama

How do I work with items that the user subscribed on teh steam client, and that are already downloaded in his machine?

For example, a item on my game's which I subscribed to is on folder c:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\<app id>\<item id>.
This is returned by steam_ugc_get_item_install_info and I can confirm the files are there.

How do I download and use the files in side the item folder? For example, reading c:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\<app id>\<item id>\config.json?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Just store the folder path in a variable, then use that to open the file (iirc).

Lau

For anyone having the same question or issues i can confirm. Steam gives the GMS extended access to the folders Steam uses to download Workshop content. You can actually see it in the output log at startup.

Steam_Init
Steam - Steam_UGC_Init()
Found 1 subscribed items
Adding Workshop Item to whitelist: C:\steamapps\workshop\content\*****\*******

Last edited: