• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to include google cloud saving?

R

RATInteractive

Is there a way to include google cloud saving with gamemaker

i haven't found any instructions

A

Aura

Google Cloud service isn't supported currently IMO. Only Amazon Whisper Sync is currently supported and you must activate it through the Android Tab of the Global Game Settings.

Jon

Hmmm. There's a checkbox on the Social tab of the Android/Fire tab in GGS that says "Enable Google Cloud Saving".
So is it possible or no?
If I don't check the box, I get this exception in the log: "Must include Drive.SCOPE_APPFOLDER to use snapshots!"
If I do check the box, I get this exception in the log: "cloudSynchronise called when not logged in to appropriate service" and "cloud_string_save() called when not logged in to appropriate service"
So I think we can surmise the checkbox is controlling the manifest entry.
I have the Drive API, Google+ API enabled on the Google API manager site for this app ID.
I am signed in for Google Play Services and my achievements and leaderboards all work.

What am I missing here to get cloud saving to work? Anyone have words of wisdom on this?
How do I log in?
Am I missing something in the manifest? Seems like I need this in my manifest but I'm not sure how to add it:
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.apps.drive.APP_ID" android:value="id=@string/gp_app_id" />​
Right now I see this in there, but I think this is wrong as appstate is gone now:
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.appstate.APP_ID" android:value="@string/gp_app_id" />​
Something in my code?

Last edited: