How to implement .yymp?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Drag and drop the YYMP file into the workspace area of GMS2 with your project open to import it.

H

HW.

Drag and drop the YYMP file into the workspace area of GMS2 with your project open to import it.
SInce about 3 or 4 previous IDE releases, ~until now version 2.1.3.273 (as of today) the drag n dropping of the .yymp file manually from desktop doesn't work. It did work long time ago before the recent 3-4 releases of GMS2 IDEs. It has also been reported by many users using those previous versions since last year, and YoYo already knew the problem, and no fix yet.

But don't worry @Jochum , just forget the .yymp for now (until being fixed by YoYo later) and do my little tip i wrote few days ago on another thread:
Related thread: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cannot-get-files-from-marketplace-to-work.23617/

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
SInce about 3 or 4 previous IDE releases, ~until now version 2.1.3.273 (as of today) the drag n dropping of the .yymp file manually from desktop doesn't work. It did work long time ago before the recent 3-4 releases of GMS2 IDEs. It has also been reported by many users using those previous versions since last year, and YoYo already knew the problem, and no fix yet.
Is that with specific extensions rather than all extensions? I do sell multiple extensions outside of marketplace (via itch.io) and haven't had people report being unable to import them, whereas in that context that would have meant that people would have virtually no way to import (without editing project files by hand, which is horrible)

H

HW.

Is that with specific extensions rather than all extensions? I do sell multiple extensions outside of marketplace (via itch.io) and haven't had people report being unable to import them, whereas in that context that would have meant that people would have virtually no way to import (without editing project files by hand, which is horrible)
I don't know if the case is .yymp from outside of marketplace and how your users do it (perhaps not using drag n dropping or importing from marketplace library? another way?). Because on a version of GMS2 (i don't remember the exact ver. number) it was working, but after some updates released, it doesn't work anymore until now (drag n dropping). Since that event (not working) i always download assets directly inside IDE library now.

And as of today i can confirm again, if i drag n drop assets (.yymp) from YoYo marketplace via web browser, and save the file to hardisk, and then import it by drag n dropping, GMS2 IDE not able to recognize it at all. Perhaps the percentage of Repro is not 100% happening for others? idk but as far as i tested it multiple times it doesn't work 100% of time on my end.

Btw, last time YoYo confirmed the bug report, the problem was with 2.0 IDE importing the asset, not the asset/marketplace, which strangely it works if we just import it from inside library, but not by drag n dropping it (the same .yymp file isn't it?).

I don't know whether it's only for specific assets or for all assets, but in my case and others reported it not working so far it doesn't work with different assets.

Related to your assets, wouldn't you like to test it again today (drag n dropping it to GMS2 workspace) on the latest GMS2 IDE and confirm it (despite the assumption that your asset users not reporting error so it must work)? If it works so it is not 100% of repro and only for specific assets because yours are working ;)

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Related to your assets, wouldn't you like to test it again today (drag n dropping it to GMS2 workspace) on the latest GMS2 IDE and confirm it (despite the assumption that your asset users not reporting error so it must work)? If it works so it is not 100% of repro and only for specific assets because yours are working ;)
2018-01-08_02-36-34.gif

H

HW.

GIF2.gif
On your end, Wow it works. :eek:
but
On my end. It doesn't work. (in addition to .yymp files, including .gmez file the "official YoYo's Google play Services " extension does not work either.) o_O

same IDE 2.1.3.273, same runtime 2.1.3.189, LOL :p

Btw, i am using the latest Windows 10 OS version 1709. And you?

So is it not 100% repro / only specific assets? :D

rIKmAN

View attachment 15619
On your end, Wow it works. :eek:
but
On my end. It doesn't work. (in addition to .yymp files, including .gmez file the "official YoYo's Google play Services " extension does not work either.) o_O

same IDE 2.1.3.273, same runtime 2.1.3.189, LOL :p

Btw, i am using the latest Windows 10 OS version 1709. And you?

So is it not 100% repro / only specific assets? :D
Just tested here and it works fine for me too.

GMS2
IDE: 2.1.3.273
Runtime: 2.1.3.189

Windows

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.192