Idea How to go about posting updates for you game

T

Tayoyo

So I'm currently working on my game, and I've been wondering what's the kinda standard or best way to post updates on here. I want people to know when I've posted an update, but I don't want to be obnoxious or anything. what I've been doing so far has been editing the original post to update it and making a video showing off the new changes, then putting in a new post and changing the version # so people know that there's been a change. Does anyone think a different approach would be better?

Gamerev147

Well I'm not too sure people other than developers come to this forum to play games... I'm probably wrong but here's what I think:

> Don't update the original post; if you have a ton of feedback and comments, it will take forever for people to scroll back up to the original post.
> Make update bumps; which is just showing off your updates and changes in the comments. That way it (should) be the first post new (sometimes revisiting) people see.
> Pack as much as you can into one post, but don't make it super long with text. Use pictures (people love pictures).
> Post your updates about once per week (if you have updates worth mentioning).

I'm no professional, so don't rely on those suggestions; it's what I think works best for me.
Have a great day! :)

T

Tayoyo

Well I'm not too sure people other than developers come to this forum to play games... I'm probably wrong but here's what I think:

> Don't update the original post; if you have a ton of feedback and comments, it will take forever for people to scroll back up to the original post.
> Make update bumps; which is just showing off your updates and changes in the comments. That way it (should) be the first post new (sometimes revisiting) people see.
> Pack as much as you can into one post, but don't make it super long with text. Use pictures (people love pictures).
> Post your updates about once per week (if you have updates worth mentioning).

I'm no professional, so don't rely on those suggestions; it's what I think works best for me.
Have a great day! :)
Thanks for the response. I'll try changing things up a bit