iOS How to go about implementing ads

GDK

Hey all

I know practically nothing about the process of implementing ads in games.
I'm struggling to make sense of all the stuff I've come across and have no idea of:
  • What I should look at / what to get
  • What to consider before I get stuck into "X"
  • Anything GMS2 related - functions...?
I'm planning to release on iOS.

Is anyone able to provide some sort of "Implementing ads for dummies" type guide or point me in the right direction?

Genetix

I'm not sure about ads for IOS but I've been using ads on my Android apps for quite a few years now. It will take quite a bit of volume to make any serious money but absolutely can be done - You can clear a few thousand dollars a year from them relatively easily with some work and a bit of luck.

First thing to figure out is what kind of ads you'll be serving on your apps. You could do banner ads, fullscreen ads, reward video ads, etc... Research these and know what each of them are.

Next step is to implement them into your app - The YoYo blogpost has some good tutorials on this and of course the manual is always a good starting point.

I personally use Mopub as an Ad provider service - although there are some other choices out there and being on IOS may effect that.

Good luck to say the least - and if you run into any specific issues we can help iron them out here at the forums.

Reactions: GDK

GDK

Thanks @Genetix, I'll have to check out all the things you've mentioned.

Also, I came across and signed up with AdMob last night. Is this something I should setup with? (still working my way around it)