• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion How to get SWF images in GM:S

S

SgtMoose

I am trying to convert both my studio's logo and the logo of my current game from a bitmap to a vector image.

After doing some research, I found out that GameMaker: Studio only accepts SWF vector images:
https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/d...re about sprites/importing vector images.html

I tried several online converters and various software and none of them were successful.

Does anyone know a good converter or piece of software that can export an image to SWF format?

JackTurbo

Your going to need to redraw any raster based assets to make them vector. Either manually using a vector drawing package like illustrator or Corel draw or automatically using a tracing algorithm (NB this may distort your logos slightly, especially if they feature coloured elements or texture).

I flag this because swf as a format also supports raster elements so just because you convert your file types doesn't mean your artwork is vectored.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Ah yeah I misread at first:
If you want to convert bitmaps to vector graphics, you are in for some pain.
It's possible but not perfect.

Inkscape can get you part of the way there. But the best option is just to redo them with Vector graphics in mind.

L

Lonewolff

If you want to convert bitmaps to vector graphics, you are in for some pain.
He did say "logo's" in his post. Illustrator will do that easily.

If he were to attempt to convert his holiday photos to vector's, I'd agree and say don't even bother

GMWolf

aka fel666
He did say "logo's" in his post. Illustrator will do that easily.

If he were to attempt to convert his holiday photos to vector's, I'd agree and say don't even bother
It really depends on the logo. Any kind of shading will require a lot of tweaking to get the right look.
If they are already flat, then yeah, will mostly do a good job (I have had issues where seams didn't quite match up).

Vector are is capable of doing shading and gradients but converters don't do a great job / can't handle these cases.