• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Steam How to get Greenlit fast?

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

I've actually already had a game "Greenlit", but it took me 0 effort and 8 months of just being "out there".

Now I'm in a position that I'd like the process to be over as soon as possible (due to the fact that Steam Direct is coming very soon).

So, any help would be appreciated :)

If it helps, the game is here.

Genetix

I actually ran ( and horribly failed) a small kickstarter for my game trying to get some money to buy custom sound and music, etc... Although the Kickstarter didn't pan out (I definitely could do that better in the future with a bit more dedication), once it started I got a large amount of new traffic and votes on my Greenlight campaign which had already been running for a few days, that pretty much pushed it over the edge and it was greenlit a day later.

Not saying you should even consider a kickstarter for that alone, but any other locations you are showing off your game and linking to the Greenlight page can help a ton.

R

Rin-Rin

Hm, maybe get a deviantart account and post art from the game? (And join groups that have to do with comics and/or games and add the drawings to the groups)

(*votes*)

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

OK, so "making an effort" part is here this time, definitely :)

We're publishing updates, materials, etc. The deviantart idea is great, thanks. Maybe Pinterest? Or something else like that?

R

Rin-Rin

Yeah, post a couple of panels to tumblr too and also mention how "long" it will take to play and how "much" it's going to cost...and that it can be printed out, I think the young uns' on tumblr will appreciate it. XD; ...don't forget to mention the banana. Ah, also post to Reddit.