• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How to distribute an IOS app or android app as kickstarter reward?

K

krugen

Could I do this?

Start a kickstarter campaign for mobile game.
Backers get the game for free once completed.

My question is the 2nd part. Sending the backer a copy of the app kinda weird and wrong because they can distribute the game itself. For PC game, usually there is some sort of a key that is unique and can be sent to each backer for getting a copy of the game from Steam. I dun think there is such thing for App store and Google Play Store.

So my question is what is the equivalent of the "redeem-once-only-unique-key for installing a copy of the game" for the mobile market compared to Steam?

Does both Google and Apple store contains this features?

Because personally, what else do you expect to get when you back a premium mobile game project?
Of coz the game itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

krugen

[So my question is what is the equivalent of the "redeem-once-only-unique-key for installing a copy of the game" for the mobile market compared to Steam?]