Development How to create Nintendo Switch Game

SeveriuS

Hello Game Maker Community,
I've created a simple jump'n'run game and want to make it compatible with my nintendo switch, how do i do that and how can I make the controls for switch.

rIKmAN

Hello Game Maker Community,
I've created a simple jump'n'run game and want to make it compatible with my nintendo switch, how do i do that and how can I make the controls for switch.
Before you can purchase the Switch licence you must apply to become a registered a Nintendo developer and be approved by them to publish on the platform.

If you do get accepted you will then be able to to purchase the GMS 2 Switch licence by supplying your credentials to YYG, which will then will get you access to some extra Switch specific documentation to help you.

In short, you can’t just put your game on the Switch on a whim, there is a whole process you have to go through.

You can more information on the process of developing for consoles, including licences and how to apply to to become a registered developer for each console here:

SeveriuS

Before you can purchase the Switch licence you must apply to become a registered a Nintendo developer and be approved by them to publish on the platform.

If you do get accepted you will then be able to to purchase the GMS 2 Switch licence by supplying your credentials to YYG, which will then will get you access to some extra Switch specific documentation to help you.

In short, you can’t just put your game on the Switch on a whim, there is a whole process you have to go through.

You can more information on the process of developing for consoles, including licences and how to apply to to become a registered developer for each console here:
Thanks for your answer, rIKmAN. I know that the nintendo switch games are nsp's, do I only have the possibility to create them if I am a Nintendo developer or is there an alternative way to do that, for private uses (not publishing).
But i think it's not a problem to become a nintendo developer.

rIKmAN

Thanks for your answer, rIKmAN. I know that the nintendo switch games are nsp's, do I only have the possibility to create them if I am a Nintendo developer or is there an alternative way to do that, for private uses (not publishing).
But i think it's not a problem to become a nintendo developer.
No other way with GMS2 - to be able to compile for Switch you need to purchase a Switch licence and before you can get that you need to be an approved Nintendo developer as per the steps I linked in my last reply.