GameMaker how to create character customization

Q

quintinisntworthit

hey does anyone know how to create a character customization menu in gamemaker 2? i use the drag and drop system. would it be easier just to use gamemaker 1?

i want it to be like you click an arrow and it cycles through skin colors, clothes, ect.

thanks a lot :^)

S

Silver_Mantis

You have already answered your own question.
You would like to create an arrow, that is able to be clicked on, and it cycles though sprites as you click.
So start by creating an arrow sprite, then allow it to be clickable, and change the sprites through a list, or an array.

See when you want to code something, it isn't the best idea to just ask "Hey how do I make this" without any kind of code or example you want us to work with.
We can't really give you more than that otherwise you might as well type "Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone would like to design a character customization mechanic for my game" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

quintinisntworthit

You have already answered your own question.
You would like to create an arrow, that is able to be clicked on, and it cycles though sprites as you click.
So start by creating an arrow sprite, then allow it to be clickable, and change the sprites through a list, or an array.

See when you want to code something, it isn't the best idea to just ask "Hey how do I make this" without any kind of code or example you want us to work with.
We can't really give you more than that otherwise you might as well type "Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone would like to design a character customization mechanic for my game" :p
yeah thats my b
this is the first game ive ever made and the first time ive posted to these forums,,,, im gonna keep experimenting and reading up. still learning
thanks ;)