• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP How to connect XBox One: USB, WLAN or other way?

G

GMMG

I read this text:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001256428

"... With the Developer Mode now active, we need to direct our attention to setting up the Device Portal. This is where we will get the information required for GameMaker Studio 2 to communicate over the local network with your Xbox One. ..."

I'm confused how to connect from PC to XBox One to install GMS2 programs.

I haven't an XBox One yet. So I can't test it, but interested in how to connect.

Has the XBox One an USB connection?
Or is the connection via WLAN?
Or other way?

G

GMMG

I read this text:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001256428

"... With the Developer Mode now active, we need to direct our attention to setting up the Device Portal. This is where we will get the information required for GameMaker Studio 2 to communicate over the local network with your Xbox One. ..."

I'm confused how to connect from PC to XBox One to install GMS2 programs.

I haven't an XBox One yet. So I can't test it, but interested in how to connect.

Has the XBox One an USB connection?
Or is the connection via WLAN?
Or other way?

No idea?

Dog Slobber

Later in the document under:
Setting Up Your Windows 10 Desktop Device
It describes how to setup you UWP device, including Xbox One. It looks pretty straight forward, if there is something you don't understand than you should probably be more specific than simply stating you're confused. I also suspect that your confusion might be because you don't have a device to try.