• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How To Completely Remove FaceBook Extension?

J

JeZxLee

Hi,

Updated to the new beta and now Android building is broken.
I previously was trying to get FaceBook working and failed.
Now Android won't build because I can't seem to completely remove FaceBook from project.

How to completely remove FaceBook from my project?
Thanks, VERY frustrated.

U

undeadmuffin

I know this is an old post, but I came across it after I ran into this issue myself. So here is hoping this can help anyone who happens to deal with it later. I have no idea what this extension does, it sure doesn't help the the Facebook stuff and it really likes to mess with your files.

So the quick and stupid fix I just happened to try and got it to work. Go into your Game Maker projects folder, find the game folder that has been messed with, go into it and remove the extension, then back out--copy the game project folder. Then comes the next crazy thing to do, past it in your projects folder, you then have to rename the folder and the go into the folder and rename your project gmx. To be honest I don't know if you really need to rename the gmx I just did it to cover my bases. When it comes to renaming your stuff, you can just slap a number onto it or something. Just something simple. Then, open your game from the gmx file and save--it should work. At least it worked for me.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue later on. If it doesn't, I'm sorry. This is the only fix I could figure out.

***Edit***

Another way to fix it: Delete the folder for the project in the game maker Cache folder. You don't even have to close out your game when you do this, as soon as it is gone, the game will export an apk and there is no need to rename your project.

Last edited by a moderator: