1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

How to code breeding in game

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by WinterNexus, Aug 9, 2019.

1. WinterNexus

WinterNexus Member

I am wanting to make a web browser breeding game, or at least a game with breeding mechanics. A example of the type of game I want to create would be lioden.

Basicly each character can have up to 10 markings in slots 1-10. There will be a list of markings made but each character can only have 1 type of marking per slot.

For this the Mother will be labled M and The father F.

M has White Spots in Slot 1 at 10%

F has Black Legs in Slot 1 at 80%

I breed M & F together. (Please note the % refers to the opacity of said marking).

The offspring will first roll between 1-4 generated offspring. Then the # of offsprig will have markings generated from there parents. To make this simpler M & F only have Slot 1 markings making slots 2-10 empty.

I want a algrathim that says either White Spots, Black Legs, or No Marking will apper in slot 1 when the two are bred together.

If a Marking (In this case White Spots or Black Legs) passes to the offspring the opacity will be between 1-100%. (Though I think thats how it works in the game). The new offspring now has one if the two markings in slot 1 (or no marking at all).

Another example of the breeding I am looking for is say both the M & F have White Spots in slot 1 then the offspring born will be more likley to have White Spots rather than no marking at all. Making the precentage of having a marking higher than no marking at all.

I hope this makes sense I can explan further if need be or mention other games that run similarly. I am new to programing so any information is appreciated. Thank you!