How to change Views in code?

T

TriiiKill

Just like the title asks. It's the biggest part of what I need to know, but...

What is your preferred method of changing views when the player goes into another room?
(Assuming the views are set up ahead of time and just need to be switched)

T

TriiiKill

http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/windows and views/views/view_visible.html

It isn't quite clear what you're trying to do, so I'll assume that is what you meant. If that isn't what you want, please consider going into details.
What I was asking was how to switch views in code. From your link I was able to make this:

Step Event:
if obj_Player.x >= 1280
{
view_visible[0] = false
view_visible[1] = true
}
else
{
view_visible[0] = true
view_visible[1] = false
}

Basically, when the Player goes into a special side room, the view changes to show the hidden side room. When he leaves, the view changes back to the main room.

Thanks for the link :)

C

Charliebailey03

What I was asking was how to switch views in code. From your link I was able to make this:

Step Event:
if obj_Player.x >= 1280
{
view_visible[0] = false
view_visible[1] = true
}
else
{
view_visible[0] = true
view_visible[1] = false
}

Basically, when the Player goes into a special side room, the view changes to show the hidden side room. When he leaves, the view changes back to the main room.

Thanks for the link :)
http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/windows and views/views/view_visible.html

It isn't quite clear what you're trying to do, so I'll assume that is what you meant. If that isn't what you want, please consider going into details.
Hey, I know this is an old post, but I want to do this same thing but with a collision. I'm only used to doing collisions with blocks of code so I don't really know how to do it. Does anybody know how to help?

T

TriiiKill

Hey, I know this is an old post, but I want to do this same thing but with a collision. I'm only used to doing collisions with blocks of code so I don't really know how to do it. Does anybody know how to help?
You'd have to be specific on exactly what you are trying to do.