• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How to change room order

M

Mr.Morning

Hello everyone, I hope this isn't a stupid question. I am super knew to this and have begun my learning of Game Maker 2 by going through the Spalding youtube tutorials. I am currently on the one where he teaches you to create a title screen. In the tutorial, he says you need to drag rm_title to be above rm_game in or for the title screen to appear first. I cannot find any way to do this. Game maker 2 only lets me dump rm_title into rm_game or the rooms tab, it does not let me place it in between so that it's above my main room.

Was this feature changed after he made the tutorial and there is now another way to do it? I've looked through the manual and the forums and can't find an answer.

Thanks!

You can drag them around, but the current version of the resource tree is a bit picky. Basically, if the room being dragged is above halfway of the room you're hovering above, it'll fall above, lower and it falls below. Try dragging rm_game below rm_title if that's easier - but both methods will work.

Oh and if it's easier, you can increase the size of the font on the tree in preferences, which makes it easier too!

There are apparently big plans for improving the resource tree soon - which will be good!

M

Mr.Morning

Thank you! Dragging top to bottom worked. Looks like currently it doesn't show an in between line when dragging.