• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How stable is the latest beta channel?

D

DaGabeAgenda

Howdy!

I'm working on a commercial project and have hit a bit of a roadblock. Nothing too serious but I'm considering updating to the latest beta of GM to use lightweight objects and the animation timeline as they would make it a breeze to work on the features I need done.

That being said, I don't want to wreck my project. So knowing that version 2.3 is still in beta, how ~usable~ is it?

Thanks for the help!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
To quote myself from another topic:
Officially, the beta is for testing, not for production use. You can use it for anything you want as long as you accept that bugs are to be expected more so than in a stable release. That includes but is not limited to breaking bugs that may corrupt your project and destroy everything you've worked on. That sounds like a great opportunity to start learning how to make backups and how to use source control, though... while also getting to know the new features already. ;)