• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How much "tax" does GMS take?

CraftyC

I just want to know what percentage of the revenue that I make from a game that I exported to desktop to be sold on an external platform will be taken by GMS?
Simple: How much percentage does GMS take when I sell my game?

Last edited:

NinjaGMC

That's why I think they implemented the 'Sub/SaaS' model...but yea, others like Unity/etc (not sure if Construct/Scirra still does it) if you make over a certain amount with a Game/Product made in their IDE, then you have to pay a % or upgrade to a Premium Tier

O.Stogden

@NinjaGMC I'd hope Construct doesn't do it still, as they charge a higher subscription fee than GMS charges.

EDIT: No they don't charge any royalty fees for Construct, but they also prevent any form of monetisation unless you pay a subscription. So you aren't allowed to sell or put ads in a game made with the free edition. If Opera GXC allows monetisation, that might be a nice option for free users of GMS, as they can export to GXC with the free edition.